Sunday, May 17, 2020

May 2020 weekly update.. Maynia progress May 11th through the 17th

Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to this week.

I had planned to get a few more starts... and more stitching on my projects...but I had a wrist injury while out with Macey...nothing broken...just very bruised...so I've had to limit my activities - sorry if my photos are a bit blurry - hopefully next time it will be better.

I have my patterns with fabric ready to go...but have to gather threads and hoop/q-snaps and they are stored in a separate area.






Maynia New Start #6
All Hallow's Eve by  Black Star Designs ©2004 Marva Owen for Old Mill Stitchery

Fabric:32ct Dark Chino by R&R  (close to DMC 437) ..called for is R&R  Olde Town Blend
Threads: WDW
Stitch Count:60 x 40, 2 over 2 and 1 over 1
Cross Stitch, back stitch, star is  over 1






wip 1 - Still have the backstitch and border to do

Floral Cross  © 2003 Jeanette Crews Designs No. 1251 Decorative Crosses by Ursula Michaels
Fabric: 14ct Navy Aida
Threads:DMC, Kreinik #4
Substituted: #102 kreinik for the 221, also blended 336 with 340 1 strand each, and 931 for 930.
Stitch Count: 80 x 80, 2over 1 and 3 over 1 in a few places
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, fractional stitches, blended threads




#3 - Worked on the top half -
2019 Nashville Freebie 'Cookies' published in the 2019 Happiness is Homemade cookbook ©2018 The Blue Flower
Fabric: 32 ct Beautiful Beige Wichelt
Threads: GAST
Stitch Count: 42x 75, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch









#4 - some more on the border
Sweet is The Journey ©2007 My Big Toe Designs - *Modified Spring Colorway
Fabric: 28ct ivory evenweave
Threads: WDW...I only had 1 of the called for weeks for the spring colorway...I have all the colors for Autumn..but since it's spring......I dug through my DMC..pulled the 62 and 3363 and then went back through my overdyes to come up with Sophie's Pink and Dried Sage.
Stitch Count: 125 x 5, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch






Maynia New Start #7
This was from a freebie that I received with an order

Thankful Chalk© 2015 by Cathy Habermann of Hands On Design
Fabric: 32ct  Wichelt Chalkboard Black
Threads: GAST
Stitch Count:71 x 26, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch










Maynia new start #8
Another freebie...



Bee Well © 2020 The Blackberry Rabbit freebie available here
Fabric: Mystery scrap of 28ct R&R
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 54 x 52, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Back stitch









Stash:


Last month I stumbled across Colour & Cotton website. I joined the thread club - (5 neutrals) and I joined the fabric club. Well my floss (April) arrived on Saturday! Such lovely colors. I'm looking forward to my next shipment.


Still waiting on some other April orders. And a few ETSY order from this week.




Happy to see our feathered friend returned on May 14th. He was a little late... but I'm sure the snow and colder weather kept him South. This was the latest I recall seeing them.

It was raining when I took this... It looks like he wanted the shower.


Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment