Thanks so much for all your wonderful and encouraging comments. I really appreciate all your kind words.
It's time for my monthly check in for Stitching from Stash 2015-A hosted by Mel at Epic Stitching.
Month: March 2015
Earned: $4.00 (BBD Designs - Be Mine)
Be Mine ©2009 Blackbird Designs from the Booklet Love Is In The Air Three Stockings for February
Fabric: 30ct R&R Valentine's Blend
Stitch Count: 44 x 73, 2 over 2
Next, I started this one while I was at various appointments with my Dad. He has had a few ongoing medical issues that are finally beginning to be sorted out. This week he has three more appointments - one at the vascular center to have a second attempt to try to fix a problem he has with his legs. Then he will return in another month for a by-pass surgery (right leg). So I'm looking through my patterns and finding some small take along projects as these are very long days.
My next project to share is this one. It's taking me a lot longer to stitch as my fabric choice could have been better and the lighting at the Dr. office is not ideal.
Nutkin Mitten © 2014 The Cricket Collection (freebie)
Fabric: 28ct Spruce Green Pastel Cashel Linen
Stitch Count: 42 x 43, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch With some fractional stitches, Backstitch, French Knots
Another week I spent trying to organize some of my stash. I was looking for a few patterns that I know I bought - I pulled them out last month and set them aside - I even have some pictures of them here on my blog - but they aren't with my other patterns. So instead of choosing something else, I decided to put my patterns all together as I came across them. I'm still working on this - LOL!
Then I had another reason to not stitch - I received a Funk & Weber Designs newsletter that requested some bookmarks to be sent to Alaska for the Stitching for Literacy program. So I dropped my needle and went into my craft/ sewing room to unearth some projects that were in my finishing basket and began to finish them up.
Stitching details are:
1. A lovely bookmark from the mini card collection 'D' © 2010 The Prairie Schooler, Inc.
Fabric:16ct Taupe Aida (prefinished bookmark that I purchased online)
Stitch Count: 94 x 24, 2 over 1
2. The Orient Bracelets by Di Noyce published in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Beading Issue 52
Stitch Count: 20 x 99
3. Mini Blueberry White Chocolate Truffle designed © Kathryn Drummond of Gingerbread Girl Designs
Fabric: grab bag evenweave (DMC 3072)
Stitch Count: 21 x 21 (center design was 1 over 2, and 4 corners were stitched one over 1)
4. TSV’ Complimentary Design © 2009 Spooktacular Bookmark by Jo-Anne Mason for Dinky-Dyes Designs
Fabric: 28ct Silkweaver Purple Frenzy
Threads: Dinky Dyes
Stitch Count: 27 x 71
5. Barn Owl published in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Bead Weaving Issue 72
Stitch Count: 28 x 43 (I chose not to stitch the bookmark portion)
6. Long nosed Butterfly Fish by Jill Oxton published in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Beading Issue 64
Miyuki DelicasStitch Count: 48x 35
7. Lambs by Jill Oxton published in Jill Oxton's Cross Stitch & Bead Weaving Issue 78
Stitch Count: 24 x 19
8. Bunny © 2007 Imaginating, Inc.
Fabric: 28ct Oceantide Lugana by Silkweaver
Stitch Count: 26 x 26, 2 over 2
I added Miyuki Delica aqua mist beads #078
9. Tigger Candy Cane Ornament (Leisure Arts Kit)
Fabric: 14ct Perforated Plastic
Stitch Count: 54 x 75, 6 over 1
10. Happiness is...St. Patrick's Day Cat © Lynn B. freebie available here
Fabric: 32ct Fairy Dust Belfast
Stitch Count: 27 x 27, 2 over 2
Miyuki delica for trim
11. October Birdhouse © 2011 Ship's Manor
Fabric: dove stitch grab bag green
Stitch Count: 35 x 70, 2 over 2
12. Butterflies by Di Noyce published in Jill Oxton Cross Stitch & Beading Issue 57
Stitch Count: 32 x 34
13. Treasure Bookmark © 2008 At River's End
Fabric: 32ct Blue grab bag
Stitch Count: 86 x 94, 2 over 2
Embellished with a pirate ship brad
14. Of Generations Past Gettysburg Address Bookmark from "Gettysburg, Pennsylvania" Bits of History Series ©2011 Joanne M. Thayer from Of Generations Past.
Stitch Count: 101 x 27, 2 over 1
That's it for now... Until next time...
Have a wonderful day!