Sunday, May 3, 2020

End of April 2020 Weekly update & the start of Maynia

Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to this week.

Stitching:
This week I  started with this WIP
Floral Cross  © 2003 Jeanette Crews Designs No. 1251 Decorative Crosses by Ursula Michaels
Fabric: 14ct Navy Aida
Threads:DMC, Kreinik #4
Substituted: #102 kreinik for the 221, also blended 336 with 340 1 strand each, and 931 for 930.
Stitch Count: 80 x 80, 2over 1 and 3 over 1 in a few places
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, fractional stitches, blended threads




Maynia 
May 1st
I've never taken part in Maynia..but this year I thought I'd see what happens. I had made some preliminary plans  listed  some charts and wips that I wanted to work on this month...but some of my orders from early April still haven't shipped.

My plan is to put one strand of a color on one of my projects each morning.. then in the afternoon work on my designated project. So this morning I put a few more stitches in the floral cross...then I looked at my list and chose one that was ready to go.

New Start


Summer Posey (kit) © 2020 Jeanette Douglas Designs
Fabric: 40ct Flax
Threads:Gloriana Threads Tudor Silks (OMG) these are so lovely to stitch with - my first time using these. There is a DMC alter. listed for all but one of the colors.
Stitch Count: 55 x 60, 1 over 2
Cross Stitch




My progress for today...















May 2nd
I finished a  leaf on the JDD Summer Posey - just a few stitches. (picture above was taken  after I added those stitches)

I planned on a different start - but one of my threads went missing.. WDW Oak. Since there are only three colors in the pattern - I set it aside until I find my missing skein.

I was planning to work on this one later in the month...so the new plan is to find my missing thread and then start the BBD Hat's Off to Uncle Sam on that later date.

This WIP was last seen February 2nd, 2020.






Today I added the aqua around the house. Fabric is closer to the picture above.




Diggity Dog House © Michelle M. Lash Brittercup Designs
Fabric: 32ct Waterlily Jobelan
Threads:WDW except for the aqua where I used DMC
Stitch Count: 74 x 74, 2over 2
Cross Stitch, backstitch, longstitch, french knot





May 3rd
Today's new start is not much to show...It was 78 ° F today and the sun was shining. Too beautiful to stay indoors and stitch. So we got the pool ready for opening... Cleaned out the pump house..checked it over for winter damage.. brought chemicals down... hooked up the hose ... Have some concrete spalling damage by our gate.. will have to fix that when the temps get nicer.


Took Macey on multiple walks... and enjoyed the warmth for the short term. The crocus have been out most of this week.. hyacinths and daffodils just started to bloom today. The next 10 days we will be back to normal with temps in the 40-50's and cloudy/rainy.





Added a few more stitches to Floral cross and Summer Posey. Then settled down to sort the threads for this new start
















Progress for today... hopefully the white on white shows up in the picture. 

Chickadee on Holly Dimensions Daydreams  petite under glass kit © 2001 designed by Brian Jackins
Fabric: 14 ct white aida
Threads: Dimensions  16 colors (not pre-sorted)
Stitch Count: 42 x 42, mostly 1 strand
Cross stitch, back stitch, half cross stitch, french knots








Sewing

Here are the April birthday peek-a-boo pouches


Until next time,








Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment