Monday, May 11, 2020

May 2020 weekly update.. Maynia progress May 4th through the 10th

Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to this week.

I'm a little late posting this because I've been trying to figure out how to show what I've worked on. I spent a small amount of time most mornings working on a wip or one of my recent Maynia new starts. And Mr. Frog came for visit...more than once... Here's my progress for the week.. in no special order.

Maynia New Start #3
No picture of the project as it is a chart only in the cookbook.

Not too much progress to show... I outlined the main color of the body of the dog begging... got to the finish and had to frog one side as it was off by a stitch at the bottom. Then I re-stitched it and this time it lined up. I wanted to add in the color for dog ear, muzzle and hip/foot. It calls for GAST chamomile...ugh!  my skein is too greenish.. I don't want a dog with a green ear...so rip..rip..rip...and replaced with....harvest basket...nope....caramel corn...nope...woodsmoke...too grey... finally settled on DMC 938.



2019 Nashville Freebie 'Cookies' published in the 2019 Happiness is Homemade cookbook ©2018 The Blue Flower
Fabric: 32 ct Beautiful Beige Wichelt
Threads: GAST
Stitch Count: 42x 75, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch














Maynia New Start #4
I forgot more than once I was stitching this over 1.. so Mr. Frog came back again...



















Sweet is The Journey ©2007 My Big Toe Designs - *Modified Spring Colorway
Fabric: 28ct ivory evenweave
Threads: WDW...I only had 1 of the called for weeks for the spring colorway...I have all the colors for Autumn..but since it's spring......I dug through my DMC..pulled the 62 and 3363 and then went back through my overdyes to come up with Sophie's Pink and Dried Sage. I've been thinking about a winter colorway for this... might have to see if my idea of a color scheme works.
Stitch Count: 125 x 5, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch




May 7th,
Not much stitching today - but I didn't plan on getting much time for it today because...Today is Mom's 81st  Birthday.
So I spent most of the day cooking dinner for her & Dad. (Dad's birthday was the end of April.)



Maynia New Start #5



















This is the middle lighthouse...

Lighthouse Welcome designed by Ursula Michael  ©2007 Imaginating, Inc.
Fabric: 40ct white Newcastle Linen
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 82 x 166, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Backstitch, Fractional Stitches















Maynia  new start #1 is Finished!
Mr. Frog is back.. or he never left....after stitching part of the top variegated flower, I realized that this flower and the right blue border flower and leaves (top and bottom) were in the wrong place... so rip...rip...rip...



Summer Posey (kit) © 2020 Jeanette Douglas Designs
Fabric: 40ct Flax
Threads: Gloriana Threads Tudor Silks
Stitch Count: 55 x 60, 1 over 2
Cross Stitch







And a little more progress on...
wip 1
Floral Cross  © 2003 Jeanette Crews Designs No. 1251 Decorative Crosses by Ursula Michaels
Fabric: 14ct Navy Aida
Threads:DMC, Kreinik #4
Substituted: #102 kreinik for the 221, also blended 336 with 340 1 strand each, and 931 for 930.
Stitch Count: 80 x 80, 2over 1 and 3 over 1 in a few places
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, fractional stitches, blended threads




and new start #2

Chickadee on Holly Dimensions Daydreams  petite under glass kit © 2001 designed by Brian Jackins
Fabric: 14 ct white aida
Threads: Dimensions  16 colors (not pre-sorted)
Stitch Count: 42 x 42, mostly 1 strand
Cross stitch, back stitch, half cross stitch, french knots


 



Stash





This lovely wooden needleminder from Joseph's workshop.













Earlier this week...went on an errand to get Dad's meds...drove to pharmacy about 30 miles South... picked up scripts.. went to start car... wouldn't start... tried again.. still nothing... Called DH.. tried again to tell him every detail.. and after a long delay...it started.. drove back home to local mechanic instead of picking up groceries... Was told it's  the key's computer chip... Called about my 2008 Jeep key.. I have to bring it in so they can test the key and ignition system.. Just got back from Jeep service today... and I need a new key/fob...Computer Chip is fried. New one on order.. should be here in a week. In the meantime, I'll use the spare key that is DH's.

Our hummingbirds are late... we usually see them in very early May.. not this year... Why? 


May 8th & 9th...
Yes..that's  snow! We had some snow Friday night and most of Saturday.

Much too cold for our feathered friends.
 





 





We also had a nice sunset early in the week

Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M

No comments:

Post a Comment