Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stitch from Stash update for January

Hi Everyone,
Last post I mentioned that I joined Mel's group at Epic Stitching  of 130 stitchers who have committed to keep our stash spending to $25.00 or less each month. This idea sounded great to me as I have stash spread out in every room of our home, and we plan to renovate another room this summer to turn it into my craft room. Often I know I have something but just can't seem to find it - whether it is a thread I need or a pattern I know I purchased. So I am trying to put projects together, and make my shopping lists for those that are incomplete.

Part of this challenge is to  report our success or failure to stay within our budget on our blog by the 28th of each month.

This month I am happy to report as a success - mostly since we've had so many days of shoveling and chopping ice that I didn't get out to spend any money. I even managed to stay away from my Internet stash shopping - although I still have a December birthday gift card and a couple of Christmas gift cards to use up.

I did however get to do a small amount of stitching. Sorry my pictures are a bit dark - guess I forgot to turn on the flash.

First up is this Shepherd's Bush freebie I found here.
Happy Snowman © Tina Herman 2014
Fabric 28ct periwinkle colored evenweave from a grab bag
Threads: Called for WDW except for the linen color (I know I have it - just where is it?) substituted DMC ecru, and the called for DMC thread
Mill Hill Petite Beads
Stitch Count: 33 x 46, 2 over 2

I know I have multiple packages of snowflake buttons...hmmm...where did I put them?

So this is going into my finishing basket where hopefully I'll soon find the buttons I want so I can finish it up.




Next up is this lovely complimentary mini chart that I received last year with an order that I placed from Rosewood Manor.

Snowflake Trees II © Karen Kluba 2013
Fabric: 28 count Antique White evenweave that was part of a grab bag
Threads: DMC
Mill Hill Beads
Specialty Stitches: Algerian Eyelet
Stitch Count: 60 x 60, 2 over 2 and  1 over 2


I also worked a bit on my WIP HAED Forbidden Doorway - just not enough progress yet for another picture  (now at 12,222 stitches).

Until next time...
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

9 comments:

  1. Nice stitching from Stash. The snowman is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute snowman! I might have to stitch that one up.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic stitching. I have saved the snowman chart for another time .
    Congrats on sticking in your budget .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching. Well done on your budget success this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely smalls Lisa! Great job with the stitching from stash.
    Stay warm and stitch on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both great! Feels great to stay within your budget doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link to the freebie snowman Lisa - very much appreciated! :0)

    ReplyDelete