Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Stitching from Stash update for February

Hello everyone,
Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. I've been trying to respond to you but my phone line  doesn't like me - every time I get ready to reply to an email, we lose our internet connection. Then when we do have an internet connection, it's DH's time to use the computer.

Now for my stitching from stash update - hosted by Mel at Epic Stitching.
This month I pulled out

Victorian Love ©2004 Charland Designs
Fabric: 28 count Platinum Cashel
Threads: DMC & Needle Necessities Threads
Stitch Count: 127 x 71, 2 over 2

I still have to add the heart charm in the center of the "O", but I need to pick up some clear nail polish first.

And I found this lovely freebie in my freebie binder.

Snowman's Quaker Christmas ©2008 Midnight Stitching
Fabric: 32ct Lambswool Linen
Threads: DMC & GAST
Stitch Count: 41 x 41, 2 over 2

I also started stitching & frogging a model piece. Sorry - can't show any pictures yet -. Hope to have it finished sometime next month - just depends on how much the froggy visits.

I'm sure you are wondering how much I spent - especially since we were given a splurge exemption allowance for the Nashville Market. I did internet window shop... I picked out a few patterns and kits that I would love to add to my oversized stash pile, but due to our poor phone / internet connection, I didn't purchase a thing. 

Now for an update on Samantha & Bucky. When we found them in December, we contacted our vet and found out that they had no openings until mid February.  So we took the appointment we could get. In the meantime, we noticed that Samantha had tape worms. Vet was able to take care of this over the phone - they suggested we treat both dogs for the worms.

Shortly after that Bucky was feeling unwell. We got an emergency appointment in late January and they had to keep Bucky for a few days. He had a very sensitive stomach, and was unable to keep anything down. After a few blood tests, he was diagnosed with hemorrhagic gastroenteritis,  lyme disease, and anaplasmosis. So he's on a round of antibiotics for 30 days. Luckily, the vet was able to also check on Samantha at the same time. Her blood tests came back fine - however,  she had an ear infection that had to have medication for 2 weeks., and they both tested positive for demodex. Now that she is feeling better, she likes to climb to the top of our snow banks and dig herself in. I wonder how she'll be when the warmer weather arrives?

Bucky didn't want to pose for a picture today as he is feeling a bit under the weather today (upset tummy). The vet assured us it's due to the medication. So hopefully next time I'll have a picture of both Samantha & Bucky.

That's all for now.
Hope to have another post soon.


  1. What nice finishes! Glad to hear your sweet strays are getting the love and help they needed! =)

  2. Cute finishes! You are angels taking these two under your wings. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers as they get the much needed care and love. :)

  3. I am so sorry that Bucky has been sick but I hope that he is improving daily. Lovely stitching!

  4. Such great stitches! Those pups are so lucky to have you ~ hope they mend quickly!

  5. Beautiful stitching - I like both of your projects, the little snowman is super cute.