Saturday, December 1, 2018

November 2018 update- Merry Christmas exchange

Hello everyone,
I'm back again.. this time to share the nice exchange I signed up for on the 123 stitch message board.
we received our partner info - and then we went off to choose a Christmas ornament to stitch and send by November 1st. Something happened this time - our emails weren't talking to each other. But we persevered. 

My partner gave me a choice of  religious, snowmen or snowflakes and santas...so I chose to stitch her:



First Noel - Nativity © Foxwood Crossings
Fabric: 32 ct PTP Gothic
Threads: DMC, WDW, GAST, Kreinik#4
Stitch Count: 35x 72, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch, Backstitch

and it wouldn't be right not to include some extras.. so I added a few other items to her package.




She treated me with this lovely joy ornament...

and look at those handmade crocheted dishcloths.. they are too beautiful to use!

The joy ornament brings back some lovely childhood memories of listening to my Mom talking about her time in school orchestra where she played the french horn, and later the youth orchestra where her instrument of choice was the violin.

  




Not much other stitching - it was a busy month - but I added a few stitches to :


2013BB SAL QS Mystic Garden (It is a cropped version of Peacock Garden.)
Design by Michele Sayetta Artwork by Ciro Marchetti
28ct Picture this Plus Valor
DMC & Kreinik#4
Stitch Count: 139 x 138, 1 over 1 full cross
August 2018 it was at 13580 stitches completed, Now at 14050 stitches complete...every little bit is that much closer to the finish, right?


We've been cleaning out our closets...just because.. and making space to store a few things for my parents...I came across my tub of cotton yarn - it has been in storage for awhile.. I managed to pick up my crochet hook and started working with it... but looks like I need to re-learn as my tension was off... so practice makes perfect...just have to keep working at it. Maybe this will be a winter time project.






More snow... Snowfall: November 13th...5 inches
and on the 16th...11more inches
That makes 24" in one week!

We had a very cold turkey day - Luckily For Thanksgiving I did the cooking and brought meals to my parents who live a few miles away, so I was the only one to get chilled.

Temps finally rose this week to above freezing for the first time in awhile. Unfortunately, that brought some freezing rain.. and then rain with fog... and a Monday 26th - Tuesday 27th was a mix of rain/freezing rain and about 9" of snow, which caused another power outage - this time from 4an until 1pm .  Expecting more rain and snow mix tonight / tomorrow.  Hopefully we'll keep have our power this time around.



A few night ago, three deer showed up at dusk eating at our neighbor's garden.
Until next time,
Have a wonderful day.
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like winter has really appeared in your corner of the country, brrr. The ornament you sent is so pretty. Exchanges are so much fun. I do about two a year and that's it. Keep warm:)

    ReplyDelete