Sunday, November 11, 2018

October 2018 update...fall was in the air..now it's winter!

Hello everyone,

The air is cooler, the daylight hours are definitely shorter. The sky is changing...not much more of the brilliant blues with no clouds.


Woke up around 5am on the 13th of October to see our driveway coated in the white stuff. Yup! Snow arrived... but then the sun showed up and it was gone. Just a tease of what's to come. The hunters have been busy as we've heard shots most days.


I'm a little late with my monthly update... I was planning to post before Halloween.. but I had a busy week at the end of October. Then I was all set to start this past Friday ..but Mother Nature had different plans. Our 1-3" of snow started around noon, turned into 8" snow with ice coating on top before ending early Saturday am...trees snapped...power and phone lines out. We are lucky though, we had power restored late last night.. and our phone line shortly after that. Parts of out town are still out today.

This was the start of the storm...
It does look pretty but I could do without the biting wind.














While I was waiting for my Jeep to be serviced last month, I took out this quickie kit -


Welcome Coffin #4603 (Halloween Hanger) ©NeedleMagic Inc.
Fabric: 18ct ivory Aida
Threads: floss included in kit
Stitch Count: 34x 44, 2over 1
Cross Stitch, Back stitch, French Knot

I didn't pay close enough attention to the two browns.. dark and light... so I mixed them up... but it still turned out alright.




 



Next up is this Freebie I've had for quite awhile:  I found this cute black pumpkin fabric and went searching for the chart...Just love how it finished up.


Halloween Witch © Annalee Waite Designs
Fabric: 28ct silkweaver solo
Threads: DMC

Stitch Count: 58 x 59, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch


Found these nice jingle bells while I was browsing in a craft store.. now to decide what to do with them....




And since I was in my sewing room finishing, I took out this rosewood manor that was in my finishing pile since (gasp) January 2014 (really?) and now it is finally finished.


Snowflake Trees II © Karen Kluba 2013
Fabric: 28 count Antique White evenweave that was part of a grab bag
Threads: DMC
Mill Hill Beads
Specialty Stitches: Algerian Eyelet
Stitch Count: 60 x 60, 2 over 2 and  1 over 2










Took my Jeep back to the dealer earlier this week for state inspection and a new muffler..so I took along this little kit:

Fall Harvest NMI Kit Item 4312 Turkey Gobble
Fabric: 18 ct Aida
Threads: floss included in kit
Stitch Count: 33x 41, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch, Backstitch

I found this cute maple leaf ribbon at the dollar tree and it was available in red, yellow and brown. Just had to try it with a small design to see how it looked.









Lastly, I finished my Christmas ornament exchange.. more about that later this month.

Stash: I picked up a few DMC threads that I was missing since my brother gave me a Michaels gift card. And a few days ago, my kit from Silver Needle Circle of friends (Plum Street Samplers) came in the mail (no pics- camera batteries need to be charged).

Our Anniversary was in early October... 20years... hard to believe it's that long ago.


We don't have any pear trees..so I can't show you a partridge in a pear tree.. but...How about a turkey  in a crab apple tree? ...Watched their antics - at least 2 or 3 at a time flying up into the tree and shaking out apples for the rest of their flock. They've come to visit almost everyday in October.. multiple times a day and flocks of 14, 16 and 31 at a time. The deer are still around.. just have to look at the right time to see them.Had an 8 point buck the other night but it was too dark for a picture.



Fall was rainy..much more than usual so we'll have to see if it continues now that the cold air has arrived.


Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment