Saturday, June 30, 2018

June 2018 a wee bit of stitching

Hello everyone,
Thanks so much for the kind words earlier this month. We are missing Samantha & Bucky - they were our very special rescues. Hopefully one day soon I'll be able to stitch up a memorial piece for both of them.

I finished up the designs in the Handblessing pattern I mentioned last month. I'm waiting for an order of floss (for cording and tassels) so I can actually finish them. Here are:

Holiday Stamps Backyard Bird Three Cent© 2017 Handblessings Eileen Gurak Designs
Cardinal
Fabric: I substituted 28ct Silkweaver Bluebell Cashel Linen for the Lavender Mist perforated paper
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 29 x 31,  1 over 1
Cross Stitch, Straight Stitch

**I had already stitched up the inner border in whole cross stitch like the goldfinches last month. I left this one as is, but the next 2, I stitched with the half crosses.

Holiday Stamps Backyard Bird Three Cent© 2017 Handblessings Eileen Gurak Designs
Chickadee
Fabric: I substituted 28ct Silkweaver Bluebell Cashel Linen for the Lavender Mist perforated paper
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 29 x 31,  1 over 1
Cross Stitch, Half Cross, Straight Stitch





Holiday Stamps Backyard Bird Three Cent© 2017 Handblessings Eileen Gurak Designs
Hummingbird
Fabric: I substituted 28ct Silkweaver Bluebell Cashel Linen for the Lavender Mist perforated paper
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 29 x 31,  1 over 1
Cross Stitch, Half Cross, Straight Stitch
Sorry for the poor photo- we had the blinds closed due to the heat. The fabric color is the same as above.




I was fortunate  to receive a PIF from a lovely stitching friend.
Wee One : Olde Glory ©2002 Heart In Hand Needleart  designer Cecilia Turner
Fabric: 30ct Natural
Threads: WDW (I had just enough red left to finish)
Stitch Count: 53 x 43,  2 over 2
Cross Stitch
I left off the sterling silver charm- probably will attach a button when I finish it.



 


New Stash...









I also have another beading project to share:
Lake 2 © Lisa Strassheim (SmartArtsSupply) from her etsy store here 
Miyuki delicas
White silimide
36 rows, 99 columns
even peyote














The yellow butterflies have been abundant this year.. here is one on our mock orange.


 






DH found out this week that he needs to have cataract surgery on both eyes. He is waiting until fall to schedule it.

It been hazy hot & humid the past few days (and for the next week or so). Today is our town's celebrations... town-wide garage sales, parade and fireworks at the beach. I'm staying put.. have some nice stitching picked out, the fans are running, and I'll be close if Mom & Dad need anything.



This was our sunset a few nights ago.. so lovely!
Until next time,
Have a wonderful day & Happy 4th of July!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment