Sunday, July 29, 2018

July 2018 Some stitching progress

Hello everyone,
We've had a lot more hazy hot & humid weather this month.

I originally planned to continue stitching some smalls (patriotic and Christmas ornaments) and work on an older project or 2 that I had set aside - dug out lots of patterns and fabrics...more than I could possibly finish in a month...but I just kept going back to look at my Mystic Garden. I have another 1 (okay at least 3 more HAED's that I want to start right away... but I promised myself not until I got this one just about finished). My pile of smalls is now patiently waiting to be picked up again - or maybe they'll be my take along projects.

2013BB SAL QS Mystic Garden (It is a cropped version of Peacock Garden.)
Design by Michele Sayetta Artwork by Ciro Marchetti
Fabric: 28ct Picture this Plus Valor
Threads: DMC & Kreinik#4
Stitch Count: 139 x 138, 1 over 1 full cross.

When I put it aside May 2017,  I had  9490 stitches... Now I have completed 11200 stitches. I love how this is coming out... Almost getting to the second tiger. Hopefully I'll have more time this month to work on it - depends on my parents appointments as this one doesn't get to travel with me. I now have the full width and height completed of this cropped version.


I also picked up this UFO during our recent heat wave at the beginning of the month...and figured it wouldn't take very long to finish. At first, I wondered why I had set it aside. It didn't take me long to figure out it was because I hated working on 12ct aida - the 4 strands for coverage made it a bit bulkie for my tastes. The pattern called for a 24ct stitchband that I didn't have. When I started it, I  remembered just having moved some 12ct., so I took it out and got started right away. I should have put a little more thought into it as I would have preferred using my 22-28 ct and  then I could have easily  added some sort of border stitching.There are 2 more in the set... so lesson learned...next time, I'll stitch on a higher count. The fabric that it's on is what I chose to use for backing fabric.

Patriotic bookmark...
United We Stand
Published in the October 2002 Issue of the Cross Stitcher (USA)
Designed by Pamela Kellogg
Fabric:12ct Off White Aida
Threads: DMC & Kreinik #4
Stitch Count: 24 x 80, 4 over 1
Cross Stitch, Backstitch



I also finished a small beading project - cuff bracelet pattern to be another one of my charity bookmarks.



Landscape1 © Lisa Strassheim (SmartArtsSupply) from her etsy store here
Miyuki delicas
Natural silimide
36 rows, 99 columns
even peyote

Not much Stash shopping this month - only the JCS Halloween and a few threads. Just realized that one of the threads I got was the wrong color to finish up an earlier project so  I'll probably be placing another order later this week.


 




Until next time,
Have a wonderful day.
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. Nice progress on Mystic Garden. I think 3 strands of DMC on 14ct is the most I've ever tried to stitch with and it wasn't too bad. The patriotic piece is great and the beading bookmark is real pretty! I have to pick up the Halloween mag sometime soon; bills need to be paid first:( I have found them at the grocery store here so it's nice to bypass the shipping charge.

    ReplyDelete