Sunday, April 8, 2018

April 2018: Back after a long absence


Hello everyone,
Apologies for the long absence. February was a tough month. Superbowl Sunday we had about 12" of snow. The following morning Dad got the stomach flu bug. A few days later Mom had come down with it and then a week or so later it was in our house with DH & I sharing a cold for the rest of the month. March came in like a lion... we got hit with 3 coastal storms. This month we saw a touch of spring with the robins returning earlier this week before the arrival of more snow.

I mentioned on an earlier post that I had signed up for a bookmark exchange on the 123stitch message board. The exchange is over so now I can share. We listed a few of our favorite things, and since birds were on her list, I chose to stitch for my partner this lovely
Chickadee Bookmark published in the December 2008 Issue of The Cross Stitcher (US)
Design by Melinda Medeiros
Fabric: 32ct Silkweaver Spanish Moss Belfast
Threads: DMC, DMC Color Variations
Stitch Count: 34 x 87, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, Four Sided Stitch, Hem Stitch


 I'm so glad my partner like it.

 





I listed some animals that are my favorites, and my partner selected and stitched me this lovely wolf design.



Such a beautiful job of stitching and finishing... I just adore my new bookmark.

















When I finally felt better I picked up this quickie...


Christmas Log Carrier Ornament
Design by Judy Ignasiak
Published in Just Cross Stitch February 2018 Issue
Fabric: 18ct Fiddlers Light Oatmeal
Threads: DMC
Stitch count:42 x 41, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch, Backstitch, French Knots, Modified Smyrna Stitch



 




Next stitch was this lovely design:



Woodsy Bookmark © Design by Nicoletta Farrauto of Nikyscreations
published in the February 2018 issue of Just Cross Stitch.
Fabric: 28ct WDW Natural/Tin Roof Gingham
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 33 x 85, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, Smyrna

 






 Then I picked up my beading so I could get this present for DH finished for opening week of baseball season...  These bracelet cuff patterns make really nice bookmarks.

 Miyuki delica beads
White Silamide thread
98 Rows , 36 columns




I'm currently working on another beaded bracelet cuff panel from the same etsy store (Lisa Strassheim/SmartArtsSupply) that will be finished as a bookmark - will share next month.

I also stitched up some St. Patrick's day themed smalls.. but I have to wait for the camera batteries to charge .. so I'll share those next time.



Samantha is doing fine... just had to share this ... she's must have been watching the commercials leading up to the dog show on Animal Planet.. (Actually DH sneezed- she got scared and this was the result!)








She also had a grand time with the snowfall during the coastal storms...










Stash: I saw a design by Frony Ritter (Lucky Charms) in the April 2018 issue of Just Cross Stitch. It used a metallic thread by Threadnuts.. so I went to their site and a few items hopped in my shopping cart with it. Aren't these lovely looking fibers?








This was Friday night... looks so nice - but only if you don't have to go anywhere.




Sunset Early April.








Until next time,
Have a wonderful day,
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. What nice bookmarks, both received and made and sent. I especially like the bird one that you made. Yeah, snow is pretty but only if you don't have to go out into it or drive! Samantha is looking good!

    ReplyDelete