Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January 2018 update & some stitching

Hi everyone,

I had planned on a December post for year end but got tied up with company. My brother showed up just before Christmas as his stint in New Mexico was finished and his new position near Las Vegas didn't start till mid-January. It took over an hour to get him up our steep icy driveway as we had been getting freezing rain all that day.

Since we were having a week of bad weather I spent Christmas eve cooking  and we brought my parents a week worth of meals so they didn't have to  wander out on icy roads. They had a nice surprise as they weren't expecting to see my brother - even better was that they didn't have to do anything special as meals were prepared and we put him up at our house .

It was nice getting the 10" powder snow on Christmas.  We normally get the heavy wet coastal storm snow- powder was such a treat.










Since then we've had lots of freezing rain events. which has caused quite a buildup of ice on the driveway and constant sanding (and chopping ice) to keep Samantha safe.


All my stitching stuff got put away for the holidays - but I'm slowly getting it all back in order. I did misplace a few things- some were things I set aside to complete the finishing of a few projects - others were my kitted up projects that I wanted as fill-ins for January. Hopefully they'll turn up soon.

But I do have a few stitch-y things to share...I got this freebie in the mail with an order.
Elf Sled © 2016 Cynthia Stalcup Smelcer DBA Foxwood Crossings

Fabric: 28ct white evenweave (instead of the white perforated paper)
Threads: WDW & DMC
Stitch Count: 30 x 17, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch
Now where is the sled for him.. hmmm.. maybe I should look with my paints when I finish this post.








While putting things away for the holidays, I stumbled on this sweet kit that I had forgotten about...so I kept this one out to finish the stitching before Christmas.

Faithwurks Seasonal Spool Series: Well Loved Dog kit © 2004 Faithwurks
Fabric: 16ct Zweigart banding
Threads: Anchor floss
Stitch Count: 32 x 14, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch, Backstitch
Now where is my sharpie marker to personalize?






Here's a close up:
















First Finish of 2018 was this gem..


Christmas 2017 © 2017 Whispered by the Wind LLC
Fabric: 32 ct Stormy Night Belfast
Threads: DMC , Kreinik #4
Stitch Count: 49 x 62, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, 1/4 stitches, back stitch
Freebie chart available here
It was still in the hoop when I took this picture.

I love the colors in this fabric...hmm might have to get a large piece for one of my wolf HAEDs.




 




Next I picked up and finished


Snowman Sled © Frony Ritter Designs  published in the 2015 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments
Fabric: 28 ct white evenweave (instead of the white perforated paper)
Threads: DMC , GAST
Beads: Mill Hill
Stitch Count:31 x 19, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, french knots, back stitch, long stitch

The sled for him must be with my other sled...Looks like February will be a finishing month.




I had planned on a new year's new start - but DH has been battling a cold for the past few weeks - and I haven't had the time to just sit & stitch. Most of my free time has been running errands for Mom & Dad - I have been doing their shopping and since their walkway/driveway is so icy. And December and January had quite a few days of below zero temperatures. Samantha & I had to bundle up for our daily walks.

Now I have a small pile of what's next (new ones since I haven't finished digging out what I put away in early December); but I have to finish my current project first. Right now I'm working on a bookmark exchange that will be mailed out for early March. Hope to finish it up by the end of next week. I spent a week digging through patterns trying to decide what to stitch.. and founds lots that I had forgotten about.

I turned another year older last month. It was a quiet day.  DH had me pick out a few more ETSY beading patterns that will be bookmarks. Desert in the sunset, Horse, Scenic Lake, and a Mets one for him.

December Birthday & Christmas Stash: I know I'm forgetting a few small patriotic themed kits from my dear brother, and DH added to my magazine collection with a stony creek and a few of the out of print US Cross Stitcher that I was missing. This month  I ordered a few threads that I needed for a project.

New Stash: Foxwood- snowy friends& snowy barns




Handblessings ...think these will make nice scissor fobs









 




 Just Nan Christmas Mouse





 



 Praiseworthy kit







 The drawn Thread...








And the Silver Needle Circle of friends kit for December





Samantha had her annual exam earlier this month. Lyme vaccine, blood work, etc. Liver is improved,  thyroid stable, weight is at 108 pounds. Doctor said she's doing very well for her advanced age of 13-14. She had the cyst on her neck drained.


 






Dad had some appointments that had to be changed due to the bad weather.. but he is doing okay.

I joined a Birthday floss exchange group for the new DMC colors. Next year at this time, I'll have some nice floss to use.

Until next time,

Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M. & Samantha

1 comment:

  1. Nice finishing and great new stash! I like the Stormy Night linen, think I'll look for it and put it on the wish list. That last picture of Samantha is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete