Saturday, December 21, 2013

Some birthday stash and a winner

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. They certainly brighten my day. I had a nice birthday. DH treated me with some nice stash...

some fabric and charts and a few threads...
2 Just Nan, 2 Blue Ribbon Designs, one from Threadwork Primitives, and 2 Heaven and Earth Designs. Looks like I had better start some of these soon.








and some more threads...













We stayed home as we had spent the day cleaning up the snowfall. We got about 8-10". Hard to tell the exact amount as the wind picked up and we had some drifting. Some of that is gone now as we had rain most of the day yesterday. We are expecting more tonight.. not sure if it will be rain or ice...although I would prefer snow.

DH also chose a winner for my drawing... and the winner is Cath of the stitchin' chicken who wrote "Happy Birthday and Blogoversary . hope you have a lovely time. Great stitches , they will be lovely gifts. Please enter me for your giveaway . Thanks x "

Cath, I've sent you an email... when I get your snail mail address, I'll post your package.

Sorry for the delay in my post.. DH and I got involved with an animal rescue earlier this week. We found two stray dogs around his cousin's summer property and the temps were falling below zero. We are in the process of  giving them a forever home with us.  I will share some photos in my next post.

Have a wonderful day!
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful stash . Can't wait to see your new furbabies .
    I have replied to your e-mail.
    Thanks again .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa! How Exciting to have TWO new dogs! Wow! Good for you. Such wonderful presents. We have gotten at least 4 inches over night and it is still coming down. On top of the ice from the day before. blech

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Cath!

    Lovely new stash Lisa. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hap..hap..happy Birthday! Cold, snowy and icy up this way. What a wonderful Christmas present for the two pooches. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful new stash! Happy Birthday! It is so wonderful what you are doing for the dogs. I can't wait to see an update!
    Congrats to Cath!!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new stash!! Congrats to Cath! So sweet of you to take care of the two pups ~ looking forward to seeing some pics!

    ReplyDelete