Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Chaos

Hello everyone & welcome new followers!
It's been crazy here for the past couple of weeks. I planned on posting, but life got in the way.

One day last week, our living room  TV died. DH bought this almost 30 years ago. Since it was a large (53") pull down front projection, that meant a lot of work to take it apart . We still had audio, but none of the 3 bulbs worked. Last time this happened it was a weld on the video switch... Just can't get anyone to travel to repair. So we moved furniture and set up a temporary solution - but now our other TV won't recognize our DVD player / recorder. It's an older TV and the setup menu still lists VCR as one of the choices.

The next day, we were contacted by our contractor who came in to look at our living room bay window as it has been giving us some problems. That meant moving furniture and Christmas decorations again so that he had full access. The seal on one of the 4 panes needs to be replaced, and the manufacturer will have to come out sometime after the holidays to look at them to see if they all need to be replaced.

Amidst all this chaos, I celebrated my birthday. I received the nicest Birthday present from my dear college friend "M". She made me this lovely felted Cardinals candle mat.









I haven't been stitching much lately, as my evenings were spent wrapping packages for family members that don't live near us, and re-arranging our living room. I did manage to almost finish this stocking. I just have to add the beads for hanging and hem the inside cuff. I'll try to get a better picture when it is finished.

Deer in the Meadow©2009 Blackbird Designs
One of the Three stockings in the Merry December booklet
Fabric: 28 ct Milk Chocolate
Threads: CC, GAST, WDW
Stitch Count: 46 x 74, 2 over 2

I have to get back to wrapping - now it's for my dear nieces who have birthdays in January... I started earlier today but somehow got sidetracked cleaning up my craft storage area instead.

Have a wonderful day!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I hope all the house stuff is sorted out for the holiday.
    That candle mat is lovely!
    Happy Belated Birthday!!
    I love the little stocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand the chaos!!! Love the candle~mat and your stocking is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete