Sunday, August 9, 2020

Weekly update August 9th 2020

Hi everyone,

Time for my weekly update.. here's what I've gotten done - Very Little!
 
I planned to have the whole day Friday for Stitching... but when I walked Macey at 4:45am, I noticed a 'calling card' that indicated there must be a toad on our enclosed porch.  So most of Friday was spent cleaning... and moving some things.. finding that a few things needed to be fixed.. etc...
We store our garden hand tools, salt/sand mix for winter, shovels, towels in a plastic tub for when we are caught in the rain....and a few other items on the porch...Saturday went to hardware store for some hangers for when we store our hummingbird feeders and windsocks this fall, and a replacement door sweep, and I picked up a storage 3- cube cabinet to make things a little neater. Still did not find the toad...another calling card...but I still have a little more cleaning/clearing/fixing to do.

Stitching:
Just a few more stitches added to this one...
 
 
 
jiffy 16650 Bridge in Autumn © 1996 Dimensions, Inc
Designed by Karen Marie Zabroski
Fabric: Aida
Threads: included in kit
Stitch Count: 110 x 78
Cross Stitch, half cross, back stitch, french knots

 
 
 
 
 
 
Beading
I added a few more rows to this seed bead bracelet cuff purchased from the ETSY shop Beadingpatterns2013 that will be finished as a bookmark.
 
 
 
Dolphins Play © C.Price
Gray Silamide thread
Miyuki Delicas, 10 colors, 4200 beads
peyote stitch, 200 rows
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stash:
I purchased a few more beading patterns from an ETSY shop... She was having a sale, so I got 5 beaded cuff patterns.. pooh, tigger, poppies, medieval castle and pumpkins.
 
Reading:
Started the next David Rosenfelt book - Leader of the Pack

Macey
Celebrated her 1 year adoption this week.

Other:
This week's errands:
Dad's primary Dr. for surgery approval. Recent bloodwork was missing from his file..so had to get it off the portal on his PC and bring it back to Dr. office.
My dentist for a long overdue visit..replace a filling & a cleaning, Traveled in tropical storm Isaias to get there and back.. not fun.. 90 miles each way in heavy downpours and strong wind gusts. My car alerted me on the way South.. heavy winds and a tornado watch...Luckily no tornados in my travels.
Wednesday was a quiet day
Thursday was Dad's pre-surgery Covid test - had to travel about 1.5hour South to have test done at the facility where he will have his surgery next week.

Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment