Sunday, June 21, 2020

June 2020 weekly update week end June 21st

Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to this week. It's been warm here. Summer has come and it is very dry. Temps have been in the high 80's °F.

Stitching:
I have a finish! I left off the little pink rectangle as I didn't want to add the double heart brass charm that came with it.


Diggity Dog House © Michelle M. Lash Brittercup Designs
Fabric: 32ct Waterlily Jobelan
Threads:WDW except for the aqua where I used DMC
Stitch Count: 74 x 74, 2over 2
Cross Stitch, backstitch, longstitch, french knot








And a little progress on:



America Chart No. One © 2003 Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 32ct Silkweaver Classics Limited Edition Color
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 80 x 108, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, backstitch











I picked this up and realized that after adding another color (yellow)  that I don't like the bulky coverage so I will rip it all out and re-start it using 1 strand over 2 instead of 2 over 2 - just not right now.
Lighthouse Welcome designed by Ursula Michael  ©2007 Imaginating, Inc.
Fabric: 40ct white Newcastle Linen
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 82 x 166, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Backstitch, Fractional Stitches













Instead, I dug through my bag of projects and worked a little on this one...The gaps in the gold and burgundy was because I ran out of floss and didn't want to go downstairs looking for a new skein of 783 & 815. I grabbed them last night after walking Macey.

I added the blue, gold, burgundy and green to both sides.

Cross My Heart Inc.CSB-73 © 1992  Between the Pages Designs by Nancy Klipfel
Stained Glass Window
Fabric: 18ct cream aida
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 28 x 98, 2 over 1
Cross stitch, back stitch, Fractional Stitches











Stash:
My Just Cross Stitch Magazine arrived on  Monday.. so I had something nice to look at.


My Colour & Cotton Monthly (May) package of threads finally arrived on Tuesday.. it was a few days late.. but look at these lovely colors: Nickel, Marsh, Hazel Brown, Rusted Tin, and  Créme Brulee. I will have to wait until July for the next shipment from them as they are skipping the June shipment while they wait for the base Fabric & Floss.






Friday  I placed an order with an ETSY seller for some hand-dyed fabric as I wanted to change out the white aida for something beach-y blue for the seguin charts/kits I recently got.

Other:

Late night walks with Macey have been interesting - 
The lightning bugs have appeared.. Macey sees the glow and  heads in that direction.. but then the glow is somewhere else...and we're off to investigate in the new direction... watch out for the trees! (LOL!)
We've also been seeing frogs on the driveway which she has to investigate.. And she's still getting used to the sounds of the peepers coming from the pond now that it is warmer.
The beautiful Luna moths have made an appearance - and the other night one was fluttering just outside her reach for a few minutes.They are quite the sight to see.







The birds have been busy planting flowers in new places..

Daisy by the burning bush



















Pansy among the columbine













And the other flowers that are showing up...


The dandelions and clover.


Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment