Sunday, March 29, 2020

March 2020 weekly update, week 4

Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to this week.

Stitching:
This week I picked up 2 projects.

Sunday evening I was browsing through the new Nashville Happiness is Homemade 2020 Cookbook and found that I want to stitch a few of the charts... I gathered up supplies for this cute squirrel



Market 2020 Cookbook © The Blue Flower
Fabric: Grab bag Scrap of Mystery .. soft so I think it's PTP 32ct Heritage
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 38 x 36, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch















and then I worked on this one a little more.. need good light to see the 40 ct. I put a piece of card stock behind this to take a better picture as I haven't finished the fill in stitches yet...Will keep working on it on good days.


ChrisMoose Berry - The Silk Berry Collection© 2019 Erica Michaels Needleart Design
Fabric: 40ct silk gauze
Threads: CC (some crescent some classic), DMC
Stitch Count: 205 x 121, 1 over 1
Half Cross Stitch







I was going to FFO a few things today but it is a dreary rainy day and our spare bedroom/my sewing room light is poor on days like today. So I have been spending today putting away some of my threads.

Monday I took Dad to Dr. as he injured his foot and they needed to keep an eye on the healing. Happy day as the wound healed to 1/2 of the original size, and Dr. released him. Stopped at the grocery store...picked up some necessities for Mom and Dad and a few things for DH & I... Couldn't get DH his favorite yellow bag of chips...The ride back home was interesting as it was snowing when we went South. Got home through snow and slushy roads...My car had a nice layer of ice on it. We were only supposed to get around 3". We got 10+" of heavy wet snow. So much for starting the spring cleanup of downed branches and leftover leaves.. they are all covered over from lots of lovely white snow. Still snow on the ground today but it has started to rain and the snow is melting. Makes for slippery walks with Macey though.

This week we also spent time getting our taxes done and e-filed.


Sewing: 
Looking at online patterns for a mask for Dad as he has a compromised immune system and Dr. appointments coming up. Hope they either get re-scheduled or the virus gets contained by then. Just in case of an emergency, sewed one as a sample. Have to make adjustments so it fits him. Probably should make myself one.. and will have to use fabric strip ties  as I have a latex allergy and elastic is not my friend.

Until next week,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, the squirrel piece is cute! Can't wait to see the berry made up. Bravo to you for stitching on 40ct silk gauze! Whew! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete