Sunday, March 15, 2020

March 2020 weekly update: week 2

Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to this week.

Stitching:
This week I picked up 2 projects

First is this one last seen 02/28/2020

Floral Cross  © 2003 Jeanette Crews Designs No. 1251 Decorative Crosses by Ursula Michaels
Fabric: 14ct Navy Aida
Threads:DMC, Kreinik #4
Substituted: #102 kreinik for the 221, also blended 336 with 340 1 strand each, and 931 for 930.

Stitch Count: 80 x 80, 2over 1 and 3 over 1 in a few places
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, fractional stitches, blended threads












After working on it this week











On Friday I picked out a new start...One of the silk gauze berries - I spent part of the day locating my mat board... cut it... then couldn't find my masking tape.. tried using painters tape... After the first few stitches, nope didn't work...gauze came loose from the tape.
So I dug out my muslin fabric and did what I should have done the first time & zigzag stitched around the edge of the silk gauze & then cut out the window area and put it in a hoop. Much better!

I did contemplate stitching this over one on 40ct linen... maybe I will sometime in the the future.

Not much progress as it took me awhile to get this ready for stitching.Then I spent most of today frogging as I started the wreath and birds in the wrong place.


ChrisMoose Berry - The Silk Berry Collection© 2019 Erica Michaels Needleart Design
Fabric: 40ct silk gauze
Threads: CC (some crescent some classic), DMC
Stitch Count: 205 x 121, 1 over 1
Half Cross Stitch




Stash:
I was a lucky winner of an envelope of charts giveaway from a fellow stitcher.
I was delighted to receive:
Bent Creek: Quaker Noel Row
Imaginating: Lighthouse Welcome


 Crossed wing collection: Blue-Throated Hummingbird & Bee Hummingbird





Mar Nic: Love by the Garden Gate & Gonna be a Bear



Silver Lining: A Bed of Roses
Vickery Collection: You say it's your birthday


 Stony creek: Christmas Ornaments IV & State Birds

  
Sue Hillis: Dark Shadows
Cricket Collection: Frost (#173)






Macey: Heard the Canadian geese returning North this week. Seems to prefer the snow to the bare patches of ground that are slowly appearing. Snowbanks are still high enough that she hasn't seen the deer at the pond yet on our outings. That will change soon. Hopefully she will not want to do much more than bark at them.


Until next week,
Have a wonderful day!

Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment