Monday, July 8, 2019

June 2019 update and some fun news

Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to last month.

It started out busy.. but by mid month things slowed down - we finally got our high speed internet connection.Then things went awry- seems like our computer decided that it was beyond time to do some long overdue updates (we were on Windows 8). Spent the next week trying to restore some files as it changed my login username - and I accidentally deleted an account - (where all my cross stitch files were). Luckily I had almost everything backed up on a flash drive. Then we spent time changing our email contacts/subscriptions that we wanted to keep...etc. Ugh..
We are almost done with that - yeah!

Summer finally arrived and brought the hot humid weather - so it's been too warm to stitch much.

One of our first things we did was to apply for a rescue pup. Our four legged companion is in Texas and she should be traveling to us sometime at the end of this month. She is a black lab mix about 2.5 to 3 years old. Her name is Macey and she is one of the Joshua Fund Dogs.So this week has been some necessary home improvements - replacing a few fans - getting everything dog ready.


Stitching:
I did work on this one a little more...Still have a little bit to finish - the dog bone on the right, bottom border and flowers on top right and left. Hopefully I'll find some time this month to finish it up.


Dog House Sampler © 2005 Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 32 count PTP Earthen Belfast Linen
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 79 x 97, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch








I did manage to put together my threads for my next HAED - luckily I didn't lose that file in the process. So maybe that will be a new start at the end of the month.

Stash:


My final Silver Needle Circle of Friends Kit arrived. Blackbird Designs -
This was the final kit for the club this year.
No other new stash. (Have to put some away so it doesn't go missing later.)

I have been visiting Etsy quite a bit and seeing some wonderful charts - our old internet connection wouldn't load them - but now? I have a few picked out - we'll see how things go. 




It's Finally Finished!
I did get one small finish - From March of this year. Finished as a pretty little bookmark


Good Luck Kit Item #4524 © Needlemagic, Inc
Fabric: 18ct Aida
Threads: floss from kit
Stitch Count: 34 x 42, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch


I used one of the variegated DMC for the cord.




 

I'll try to be back at the end of the month with more details.



Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. Technology, you just gotta love it! I use an iPad and as old as it is with no extra storage space, as it keeps telling me, I'm afraid I'll find myself with nothing to use! Happy for you on your new family member! Pets are fun to have around. The Good Luck piece is a cutie:)

    ReplyDelete