Friday, May 31, 2019

May 2019 - A Happy dance and some smalls


Hi everyone,
It's time to share what I've been up to this month.

Stitching:
I knew that I had some time in the waiting room during DH's cataract surgery on the 2nd, so I brought along this new start:


Bee and Hive © Karen Kirk Blackberry Rabbit Designs
Published in the 2019 Nashville Cookbook Happiness is Homemade
Fabric: Mystery 32 count Linen (PTP Heritage I think)
Threads: DMC Threads

Stitch Count: 32 x 49, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch




It's finally Happy dance time!So glad to see this one finished. Still deciding on my next "heavenly" project.


2013BB SAL QS Mystic Garden (It is a cropped version of Peacock Garden.)
Design by Michele Sayetta Artwork by Ciro Marchetti
Fabric: 28ct Picture this Plus Valor
Threads: DMC & Kreinik#4
Stitch Count: 139 x 138, 1 over 1 full cross
April 30, 2019: 18760 stitches completed, now at 100% complete 19,182 stitches later




Since my beads arrived late February, I was finally able to finish this from January. I couldn't find my gold beads...had the burgundy one, just wanted to do all the beading at the same time...Now that my back-ordered DMC#8  for the cording has come in, I can get it finished in the shape of a mouse.
The Little House Mouse © Judith Tuttle of Twisted Oaks
published in the JCS Christmas Ornaments 2012
Fabric: 28ct white
Threads: NPI, NPI Northern Lights
Beads: Mill Hill
Stitch count front: 24 x 45
Stitch count back: 30 x 53
Cross stitch, some 1 over 1, fractional stitches, back stitch, french knot

DH's 2nd  cataract surgery was on the 16th, so I brought along another new start:



Lizzie Kate Quick-It Dogs leave paw prints Q-003 © 2009 Lizzie Kate, Inc.
Fabric: Mystery 32 count Evenweave (PTP Heritage I think)
Threads: WDW Threads
Stitch Count: 56 x 56, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch





 Next I started this freebie


Woof Spoken Here complimentary design from Stitchy Kitty© 2006 Michelle Lutzen
Fabric: Mystery 28 count Linen (close to DMC 712)
Threads: DMC Threads instead of the called for Crescent Colours
Stitch Count: 50 x 50, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, french Knots





Spent yesterday in a different hospital waiting room for Mom's basal cell carcinoma surgery.  I brought along this new start:


Dog House Sampler © 2005 Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 32 count PTP Earthen Belfast Linen
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 79 x 97, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch
  






Sewing:
Finished some more ort catchers for my birthday club friends, and attempted to make a new grime guard for my 11" Q-snaps.
I had this lovely flannel fabric print that I thought would work perfectly...found an online tutorial, and ta-da... now I have a new grime guard.. I still  have to make a few more for my 8" q-snaps, and maybe a couple for my 8" hoops...











Stash: 
A small cut of PTP Earthen above (to see color before deciding on this one for a different HAED)
a few sampler threads, DMC #8 for finishing mouse above and 2 stitchworks charts: New Doggie Love, and Doggie Love 



What I've read: 
Diane Kelly: Death, Taxes and a french Manicure
J. R. Rain:  Moon Dance,
L.T. Ryan:  The Recruit,
started  J. R. Rain:  Vampire Moon

Updates

Temperatures have been cooler than normal for the month and we've had lots of rain. May showers seem to bring out the June bugs. Black flies have shown up and they are biting like crazy. Still to early to be planting anything as we've had frost warnings this past week. Also, not sure how much I want to do this year as the deer nibbled all my hyacinths earlier this month. My hosta plants are either stunted by the weather or suffered too much damage from the deer last year. Our apple trees and crab apple trees have just started to blossom. Most of the trees have leafed out although the walnut, oaks, elms, and ash are still waiting to show their new spring foliage.

We did get to see our first hummingbird of the season on the morning of the 4th



... this young bird (Orchard oriel) showed up on the 16th and took several drinks from the hummingbird feeder.














We also had a visit from this colorful little male just last week.










Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lots of finishes! I'll bet it felt good to put in that last stitch on Mystic Garden. You made up for hardly stitching last month! Spring is late in coming for you folks out that way. We will be in the high 70s and welcome too. Have a very stitchy June!

    ReplyDelete