Sunday, October 29, 2017

September - October 2017 update Happy Owl-ween

Hi everyone,
It's been busy here... September flew by and now we are nearing the end of October.

The grapes turned,
The pool is closed for the season,
The wood is stacked,
The sand- salt barrels are filled,and
The waxwings and robins have eaten most of the berries on our mountain ash trees.
But enough about some of the fall chores...I still found the time for a bit of stitching.

This little treasure was in my freebies binder that I got with an online order. Such a fun quick little stitch  - although I misread the chart...There were 2 symbols similar a dash and a bold dash... well I was quite far along before I noticed that I still hadn't used the GAST Nutmeg.... hmmmm
Anyhow, I thought it looked nice using the GAST Brandy for both symbols so I left it and continued on to finish.

Owl on an Egg © Bent Creek
Fabric: 28ct Flax
Threads: GAST, WDW
Stitch Count: 28 x 54, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch






Here is Gone Batty © Design by Christy Schmitz, published in the 2016 Halloween Issue of Just Cross Stitch
 Fabric: 28ct Antique White Lugana
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 11 x 105, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch
I have some ribbon (black & white chevron) that I will use to try to turn this into a bookmark

 I continued my beading projects...First Up -

Pointsettia and Holly Berry © 2003 Deb Moffett-Hall
Miyuki Delica Beads
Black Nymo thread
Bead Count: 22 columns x 83 rows







One of my Etsy purchases was for this lovely autumn bracelet cuff - I love this design so much! Fall is my favorite season and when I saw the birch trees I knew I had to make this. Since I'm not much of a jewelry person, I plan to coat it with acrylic floor wax and use it as a bookmark.My Mom saw it as I was finishing and it looks like I'll be making one for her as well.
"Autumn" Pattern by Diushes found at Etsy here
Miyuki Delica Beads
Natural Silamide thread
Bead Count: 40 columns x 100 rows





I also stitched and finished my Christmas exchange and got it mailed out a few days ago. Hope to share that with you next month.

Earlier this month was our 19 year wedding anniversary - Dad had a scheduled Dr. visit that day- but I got home in time to cook us a nice meal.

New Stash:
Silver needle Circle of Friends Kit by SamSarah Designs and










Just Nan Autumn mouse in a house series.










I ordered some of the sulky 12wt from Amazon... fall and Christmas favorites... can't wait to try them out!







Samantha went to the vet at the end of September for her routine nail trim and clip, and to drain the cyst on her neck as it was filling with fluid again. She was also treated for pink eye and a problem with two of  her paws - the tissue was a bit unhealthy looking... so she was on an antibiotic for 14 days. She is doing much better now.
A few days ago, she slipped while going upstairs...she never made a sound...we thought the worst... but after a few minutes she got up fine and climbed the stairs...just to be sure,  she went another checkup...nothing hurt...we aren't sure what caused it but it was a scary afternoon /evening for us - especially since it was exactly 1 year since we lost her brother.

Dad had another flare up in late August - though late October:  Leg edema; discoloration  and skin sloughing...first round of antibiotics did not help much...and it was difficult for him to walk. He's feeling a bit better now. Since he & Mom couldn't go out to celebrate their 56 year wedding anniversary, I made them a dinner and dessert and brought it over to them.

Power outages have been fairly regular... and the last one brought this visitor up to our back door... on the way to the apple trees.












It's rainy today but I'm sure the snow isn't too far off. Still have some fall chores to get done, but I'll save them for later in the week when it's nicer outside. 
Until next time,
I'll leave you with this view.

Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. Nice stitching. You were certainly busy! Happy Anniversary also.

    ReplyDelete