Sunday, March 24, 2013

Same pattern - 2 finishes

Hello everyone,
Last post I mentioned a freebie that reminded me of a pet I had when I was young.  I'm not sure when this photo was taken, (there is no date on the back of the photo), but if I were to guess, it is probably  4 decades ago.




















St. Patrick's Day Cat © Lynn B. freebie available here
Fabric: 32 ct Fairy Dust Belfast (Zweigart)
I wanted to match the fabric for finishing, so I changed the threads to Alizah Black Silk & Carries Creations Silk Irish Kiss
Stitch Count: 27 x 27, 2 over 2
Since I couldn't find my larger needle for french knots, I added Mill Hill Petite Beads for eyes and nose.







 



I stitched this a second time to make a bookmark, this time using the suggested threads.
St. Patrick's Day Cat © Lynn B.
Fabric: 32 ct Fairy Dust Belfast (Zweigart)
Threads: Suggested colors
Stitch Count: 27 x 27, 2 over 2
 I added miyuki delica beads#977 to match the green












And the back 












I have to go now - I want to finish another freebie this time it is from Snowflower Diaries - she has some lovely free patterns.
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful cat! Love your little tribute pieces.

    ReplyDelete