Monday, January 24, 2022

Weekly update January 23rd, 2022

Hi Everyone, 

It'd been a busy and cold week. Lots of errands.. and such. 

Still getting Christmas cards in the mail this week. I still have 2 birthday cards that haven't arrived yet. Postal issues with my car payment. Mailed on 12/16...still hasn't arrived. Hence the lots of errands.


Cold temperatures... This is Saturday... see the low of -18 ° F?  Macey decided that she had to go ...so out we went at 2:30 am. Yes it was -18! Without the wind chill .  It was a quick walk... Then Saturday I fell in the fresh snow (my foot slipped while stepping over a snowbank). ugh...Feeling it today.

Yes, the indoor temp is 80 because I took the picture when the oven was on.. making some banana bread and the house warmed up.

 

I signed up for the  Love2Stitch2022 challenge at Embroidery.com 

Not sure If I will work on the same piece each day/week  or just put in a half hour for the challenge and stitch other things later. It depends on what comes in this week. (I have a few things on order...some from March of last year.) 

Stitching: 

I still don't know how I should count my two sided finishes .. so I'm going with A&B... instead of numbering each one separately.

** It's Monday01/17 and my thread orders ( yep...from more than one online shop) still hadn't shipped... and I wanted my partner to receive her exchange..so I got a little creative - I ran out of 3777 so I stitched the bird in DMC 321. I also didn't have enough 3777 for the scarf - So I made the scarf orange which ties in with the monthly (optional) challenge. 

***Both orders shipped on Tuesday. 

I mailed out my exchange package this week... so I hope my partner receives it so I can share next week.

I wanted the card to match the theme.. but all I had with snow (sledding) was a Christmas card.. so I cut off the back and added a new blank backing. but I forgot to take a pic of the card.

Finish # 3A & 3B for  2022

January Exchange from the Facebook Group: International Cross Stitch Pen Pals

Theme: Sledding
Challenge: The color orange

Winter Wind ©2006 The Prairie Schooler, Inc.
Sledding Individual Ornament
32ct Belfast Linen - Lambswool
DMC Threads
Stitch Count: 30 x 34 , 2 over 2
Cross Stitch

A little progress on


Love © 2019 The Scarlett House
Fabric: 40ct Barnwood PTP
Threads: CC, Weeks, and DMC (I didn't have the black licorice)
Stitch Count: 69 x 53, 1 over 2
Cross Stitch


 

 

 

 


 

Progress 

 

 

 

 

 

Added some stitches in ...


Bookmark from etsy store Stitchesloversshop

 ** Middle Bookmark

Fabric: 14ct white Aida
Threads: DMC, DMC Diamant
Stitch Count: 36 x 99, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch


 

 


 

 

Progress

 

 

 

 

 

 

Started something new...but changing out the pattern as I have an idea for another project. This is a trial piece.
 

DMC Hardanger Stitchery Kit "Lovebirds" Card © 1998 The Dollfus-Mieg Co., Inc.
Fabric: 28ct Ecru Linen
Threads: DMC 8
Stitch Count: 44 x 68

 

I want to try to satin stitch heart shape border on my February exchange piece. It is on opal 14ct aida. Not sure if I can cut it out...Still thinking about this.


Stash: Heavy mail this week....


Colour & Cotton January Fabric & Threads of the Month

Fabric: Chamomile

Threads:  Almond Latte, Loden, Brass, Whiskey, and Dark Indigo

 

 

 

 

Friday I received:

Hobby House Needlework orders:some pretty fabrics, DMC 3777 and a skein of DMC 347  from a previous order.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fabrics:  36ct Magnificent by Fortnight Fabrics (trying this one for the first time), 32ct raw, and 18ct mystic gray,



and some  40ct R&R winter brew ..lastly another one to try: Mystic fabrics 32ct Olympia

 

 

 

 


Then on Saturday my December 28th order from 123 Stitch arrived

 

 

 

Fabrics  (Small cuts)


and threads

 

 

 

 

 

 

A PDF chart from etsy shop (NotiCrossStitch)

Bookmark cross stitch pattern Cute Gnomes Hearts Love image 1

 



Our Ruffed Grouse has been spending time in our mock orange

Until my next update,
Have a wonderful week!
Lisa M.

1 comment:

  1. That was a lot of Happy Mail! Ahh, new stash. Brrr, that's pretty cold! Not sure I could handle that kind of cold. Have fun with the Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete