Sunday, October 11, 2020

Weekly update October 11th 2020

Hi everyone,

Time for my weekly update.. 

Stitching:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 4th...start
picked up this wip...last seen Maynia 2020... hoping that the time out will bring less frogging.


Sweet is The Journey ©2007 My Big Toe Designs - *Modified Spring Colorway
Fabric: 28ct ivory evenweave
Threads: WDW...I only had 1 of the called for weeks for the spring colorway...so I dug through my DMC..pulled the 62 and 3363 and then went back through my overdyes to come up with Sophie's Pink and Dried Sage.
Stitch Count: 125 x 54, 2 over 1pink & Green; 1 over 1 for the purple.
Cross Stitch

 

 

 

Where I left off back in May

 

 

 

 

 

 

After 1.25 hours


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 5th... continued with Sweet is the Journey
I loved getting so much done yesterday. 
After 1.0 hour today...All that is left is the flowers on the bottom





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 October 6th...continued with Sweet is the Journey
 Worked on the bottom greenery.. a little over 1.5hr.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 7th...continued with Sweet is the Journey
Finished the bottom greenery.. added in one of the pink flowers  2.0 hr.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

October 8th...continued with Sweet is the Journey
All that was left is the pink flowers -  Decided that I wanted the flowers to stand out a little more so I dug out Some DMC 776 and started to backstitch them. Now after 2.0 hr.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 9th...continued with Sweet is the Journey & Now it's FINISHED!
After 2.0 hr.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 10th...time for something new?..or maybe another WIP?
I decided on a new start that arrived earlier this week.

All Hallow's Eve ©2020 Lila's Studio
Fabric: 40ct Woodland Halloween by Mountain Aire Fabrics
Threads: DMC, GAST and CC
Stitch Count: 99 x 125
Cross Stitch
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Third time is a charm...I had to frog twice as each time I started, it was in the wrong place as I had my fabric folded on my Q-snaps instead of cutting it. So only about 30 minutes of stitching shown even though I stitched for 2 hrs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
October 11th..
Later today I'll continue with Lila's Studio All Hallow's Eve. I'll share progress next week.
 
 
Stash:
Monday's mail brought me 4 parcels.. including the one that was due last Saturday and one that wasn't due to arrive until later in the Week (Wednesday).
 
Colour & Cotton: threads of the month (September)
 

 
 
Midnght
Red Fox
Terracotta
Primitive Vines
Wild Oats
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I placed another order with Inspired Needle for some threads and the fall 2020 issue of Punchneedle & Primitive Stitcher
 
 
 
 
 
Fall 2020 issue of Punchneedle & Primitive
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
GAST: Onyx & royal purple
CC: Cauldron, Sticks & Twigs & Gingerbread
WDW: Baby's Breath
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
123 Stitch order...(this was due to arrive on Wedsnesday)

 
 
 
 
 
 
Scary Berry Linen...40ct Nocturne.. & the wool felt...dungarees and snow white
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
Two fabric choices for the bookmark pattern Sleepy Owls in the October 2020 Just Cross Stitch Magazine..28ct linen in PTP Fog & Valor
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
And a piece of 32ct raw/white petit point (just because) some threads
 
 
Autumn leaves
Buttermilk
Butternut Squash
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
From an Etsy shop...Hollis Hands

Some charts...
Lila's Studio...All Hallow's Eve
 &
Bendy Stitchy: Patriotic pinkeep
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Some fabrics...
R&R 36ct Patriot's Brew for Stacy Nash Red Hydrangea Pin Disc (I had plenty of 28 ct & 32ct fabrics but the boards are included so I needed the 36ct)

Weeks dye works 32ct mocha for waxing moon Turkey trio
 
WDW Confederate gray 40 ct for JCS October 2020 Blue Ribbon Designs pick of the patch... and 1 other project

Mountain Aire Fabrics...40ct Woodland Halloween for the Lila's Studio chart above)


Colour & Cotton Fabrics of the month (September) Prairie Dust - Such a lovely color!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Reading:
Continued with  David Rosenfelt Who Let the Dog Out?

Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment