Sunday, August 29, 2021

Weekly update August 29th, 2021

Hi everyone, 

It's been a busy week. Last Sunday we had a water main break in town and had a boil water order until late Thursday.  Still catching up on laundry and other things that got put on hold. 

I had to add... I signed up for the witchy stitchy challenge 2021 at Embroidery.com .. So it will be a fun October. Hope some of my stash gets here  - have lots of plans...

Stitching:

Finished!


Chickadee on Holly Dimensions Daydreams petite under glass kit © 2001 designed by Brian Jackins
Fabric: 14 ct white aida
Threads: Dimensions 16 colors (not pre-sorted)
Stitch Count: 42 x 42, mostly 1 strand
Cross stitch, back stitch, half cross stitch, french knots

This was the first time I had to use all 6 strands for french knots. Hard to take a picture and not have a glare from the glass. 



Picked out  my next project - went to make a working copy...printer is out of black ink... so I chose something simple instead... (ink will be here early next week).

Started the smalls: (will probably do the whole silk gauze piece later) 

 

Ocean of Wisdom II © 2020 Erica Michaels (smalls)
Watch the whales
40ct Colour & Cotton Fieldstone
WDW & DMC
Stitch Count:107 x 31
Cross Stitch


 

 

I've had the frog visit all weekend... I stitched the top row.. went to dig out my finish fabric.. turned it over and saw a knot on the back which was about 1/3 from the start...

Then I stitched the 517 tent stitches and miscounted...Ripped that out ...stitched again....only to realize this morning that one of them was only over 1 instead of 2 threads...ripped out the bottom half...stitched again...

Anyhow here is my progress through this evening. 

This was my first time stitching on Colour & Cotton fabric... The suggest fabric for the smalls is PTP Vellum.. I tried three neutrals on hand but the white wouldn't show up... so I finally settled on this blue-gray color.


This will be finished as a pillow... You can see my finishing fabric here..

Waiting for some rick rack trim to arrive to go with it.


 

 

 

 

Stash:  None this week.

Until my next update,
Have a wonderful week!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment