Sunday, September 27, 2020

Weekly update September 27th 2020

Hi everyone,

Time for my weekly update.
Another month is drawing to a close and fall is in the air. 
It's been said that a dry fall leads to spectacular colors in the fall foliage. 
We have been very dry this year and the colors are popping beautifully. 
I'm hoping they stay for a while longer.. but we have showers in the forecast and that usually brings down a lot of leaves. Our burning bushes have been turning bright red; the walnuts have been dropping on the ground and the leaves on the black walnut are turning yellow


 
 

 
Stitching:
Just a few more stitches added to this one...

jiffy 16650 Bridge in Autumn © 1996 Dimensions, Inc
Designed by Karen Marie Zabroski
Fabric: 16ct dove grey Aida
Threads: included in kit, 2 over 1
Stitch Count: 110 x 78
Cross Stitch, half cross, back stitch, french knots
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Beading
Finished!

Golden retriever Bracelet © 
from Etsy shop 
Natural Silamide
Miyuki Delica Beads (14 colors), 3838 beads
Peyote Stitch, 202 rows 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stash:
Nothing this week

Reading:
Started  David Rosenfelt Who Let the Dog Out?

Other:
Monday was Wellness Dr. visit for Mom - she has to have a test end of next month to check her kidneys.. but other than that.. all is good.
Wednesday was DH Dr. visit ...some meds are changing and he has a re-test in three weeks since he only has one kidney & last test showed high protein levels. More blood work and another test on Friday am showed DH has an infection.. so they called in antibiotic late Fri eve after pharmacy closed.. so plans changed as early Saturday we had to pick it up.
I spent a small amount of time sewing up my final peek a boo pouches for the October & November birthday club ladies.
MOUSE...Macey was acting strangely the other night when we came in from our walk. We have an enclosed porch. It's nice for deliveries and wintertime as we can keep most of the snow out of our ground floor.. When I took her out again at 5 am the next morning, I looked around.. and we had a furry 4 legged visitor.. A field mouse...He must have come in when the door was open for one of her walks or with a package delivery... anyhow...the mouse no longer lives on our porch.

Plans:
I signed up for the #Witchy Stitchy 2020 challenge at Embroidery.com  again this year. Before and after photos. Required stitching 30 minutes a day and some weekly tricks along the way. A few allowed pass days, and a mandatory day of stitching on Halloween. Sounds like so much fun. I'm not sure what I'll work on as before I signed up I was thinking about Mondays in October being new starts... or maybe all month long? Just fall patterns? I should do at least one Halloween pattern - right? 

Maybe I should start this one (Charting Creations Snippet Uninvited guest) and work on it all month long?
At least I have a few more days to plan.  (Just as a side note.. every time I plan ahead for something like this... I get derailed - I grab a pattern that wasn't kitted up... I can't find a thread... or I know I have "that pattern" somewhere... and can't find it - and that's the only one I really want to work on.) Should be an interesting adventure going through my stash... Right now I'm thinking about 1 new project each week.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
More visitors...
Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment