Sunday, August 30, 2020

Weekly update August 30th 2020

Hi everyone,

Time for my weekly update..
 
Stitching:
More stitches added to this one...I started some of the backstitch (stream stones, one of the leaves and part of the covered bridge) as I have to move the fabric in my QSnap to fit in the tree on the right side.

 
 
jiffy 16650 Bridge in Autumn © 1996 Dimensions, Inc
Designed by Karen Marie Zabroski
Fabric: 16ct dove grey Aida
Threads: included in kit, 2 over 1
Stitch Count: 110 x 78
Cross Stitch, half cross, back stitch, french knots
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Stash:

 
Women of the Mayflower complete kit arrived! I got the package with the girl needleminder. Even though I order the complete kit, I still might swap out the fabric.
 
Mom grew up in a small town south of Boston about an hour from Cape Cod. 
 
My brother had to do a genealogy project in 5th grade. We found that one branch of the family arrived on the ship The Jonathan.
 
 
 
 
 
I stopped in at Barnes & Nobel on Tuesday when my Dad was having eye surgery - It was in the adjacent plaza to the grocery store... I hadn't been there since last summer / fall.  I picked up a couple of cross stitch magazines for me and a book series for DH & me.
 
 
 
 
2 issues of cross stitch crazy
 
 
 
cross stitcher and the bead magazine had a nice cuff bracelet pattern
 
 
I also had 3 separate packages of beads arrive this week. Here they all are.. I put them on their sides to see the beautiful colors as the labels cover most of the tubes. the baggie in the back is a larger size package (25gm).

 
 
 
 
 
Reading:
Continued with  David Rosenfelt Hounded

Other:

Monday evening Macey just had her dinner & I was getting ready to take her for a walk. DH mentions that I should wait a few minutes...2 does in the yard under the crabapple trees... so I grab my camera to get a pic and sneak out the back door.. Look toward the apple trees out back & see this visitor... Got a few pics of him - never did sneak around to get a photo of the 2 does.
 
Tuesday was 2nd eye surgery for Dad This time it was a later surgery. we left at 7am for an 8:25am surgery. Mom needed a few things from Walmart... so I traveled a bit further (7 miles) South & got her items instead of waiting in the parking lot & stitching.
 
Wednesday was follow up at Dr. Office for Dad after the eye surgery - left at 8 am for a 9:20am appointment.


We had a beautiful sky Thursday morning when I got up to walk Macey. So glad I saw it as our later walk was very wet due to the heavy rain.
 
Early Saturday morning.. Macey went out -we opted for a pre-dawn walk as it was going to rain... (no rainbows this week)... so at 4 am we were out..flashlight in hand... just walking along and all of the sudden we were snorted at... Mr. Deer must have been feeding on the apples and were too close. Saturday afternoon there was a buck eating the crab apples out front.. and later in the evening  we had a flock of about 20 turkeys in our front yard...they took to flight when they spotted us coming out for a walk. 
 
 
 
This morning, a few hours ago, I was walking Macey and as soon as I came in we had 3 does in the field.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment