Sunday, May 22, 2022

Weekly update May 22nd, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I forgot to mention last time that when our computer died, I got sidetracked doing a bit of spring cleaning in our basement since we were getting a new computer and printer. Figured might as well start out with everything neat and filed away properly. Still have to file away some threads and charts that are in our basement - stored on our spare table. 

I'm still learning some program changes.. newer paint program - and it loads my pictures from my camera differently than before. 

Stitching:

Since we had no power, and my stitching corner was too dark to do anything, I dug out a beading pattern that I had started late last year (It got put away)..and worked on it at our kitchen table that had morning light & bright reflections from the snow.


Azar Bead Patterns (Etsy)
Fox Peyote bracelet pattern Winter
Grey Silamide
Delica Beads (15 colors)
42 columns, 100 rows (4200 beads!)

 

Just have to dip in it acrylic wax to make it a beautiful bookmark.

 

 

 

 

 

I also read a lot (with the help of a flashlight). 

Waiting to share to full and finished exchange: When our power returned I was able to complete my stitching on my May exchange.. now I need to to FFO it. I have until the end of the month - but my partner won't be sending me hers until the end of June. She had a car accident in early May.

info: 

May Exchange from the Facebook Group: International Cross Stitch Pen Pals
Theme:Favorite cartoon character or flowers
Challenge: Backstitching

My partner's favorite flower is daisies. 

I love the looney tunes characters.. so when I spotted this design in my book, it was decided... why not both themes. 


Looney Tunes WB The Big Book of Cross Stitch © 1998 Leisure Arts, Inc.
Sweet Memories Album (Pepe le Peu)
Fabric: 28ct white evenweave
Threads: DMC ** changed the called for green and yellow to match my finishing.
Stitch Count: 39 x 51, 2 over 2
Cross Stitch, Backstitch.. 

Lots of fractional stitches
 

Instead of Mounting this on a photo album, I'm planning to cover a composition book. I found some pretty daisy trim and some green gingham fabric. 

 

 

info: 

June Exchange from the Facebook Group: International Cross Stitch Pen Pals
Theme:Regional Flag or BBQ
Challenge: add a charm

Still deciding my next exchange project.. I have so many flag projects to FFO, I might just choose one to send to my partner... we'll see.

Earlier this week, DH had a dental appointment & then I was planning to pick up some groceries after. It was a dreary rainy day.. so I needed something simple. I realized last time that I didn't have any more small stitches in my purse, so I quickly grabbed this on the way out the door. Luckily I had a pair of scissors in my purse as I also forgot to grab those. I guess I'll need to make a couple more project bags and kit up a few things for the fall when it's cooler and we combine appointments and travel again. Finished it up later this past week


Freebie... Cross Stitching For Fun Designs Facebook Page (under files).
Sunflower Easter Egg2 © Maryna Riznychenko
Fabric: 14ct white aida
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 29 x 41, 2 over 1
Cross Stitch, Back Stitch

 

 

 

Then yesterday, I picked up this kit to work on....


Fall Posey © 2019 Jeanette Douglas Designs
Fabric: 40ct flax
Threads: Gloriana Tudor Silk
Stitch Count: 56 x 61, 1 over 2
Cross Stitch

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Progress so far...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stash:


Colour and Cotton May fabric: Sweet tea  and threads: Seaweed, Mahogany, Patina, Bombay, and Marigold

 

 

 

 

 


My November Order from Just Stitching Inc arrived: Winter Berries, Life is Better Woof

 

 

 

 

 

 


Winter Whimseys, Spring's Messenger Pinkeep, and new CC colors sea oats, Tahiti orange, and tropical paradise..

 

 

 

 

 


The next installment of my Crazy Annie's exclusive 12 days of Christmas Stocking club by Annie Beez Folk Art arrived










Etsy- hummingbird beads for a future project. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Acorns and threads: November order arrived: Chubby bird kit ( and here are the acorn pins mentioned in last post)

 

 

 

 

 


My brother is on vacation from his nursing assignment - he's been visiting some national parks and sent me this Posy Collection kit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Our hummingbirds have returned...

That's about it for now.. threadgeeks is retiring some Victoria Frances charts tomorrow and I've been eying a few things at Etsy...stay tuned for my next update.

 

Until my next update,
Have a wonderful week!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment