Thursday, July 16, 2020

July 2020 weekly update for week ending on July 12th

Hi everyone,
This is a bit late.. Sunday I was cleaning up a box of crafting stuff... came across a couple of punchneedle kits... found out they were shoved away as I didn't have the right size Morgan hoop.. Ordered one.. it was supposed to be here tomorrow.. but all of our mail has been significantly delayed...Since it shouldn't travel alone, I also ordered a cute kit.

Was planning to write my blog on Monday.. but we lost power. It was out for a few hours.. came inside to a darkened house, no fans and it was hot & humid.

Tuesday & Wednesdays I was busy helping my parents.. errands and medical appointments.

Went to our bank- found a sign posted on the door that the branch was temporarily closed (again) in accordance with CDC.. so the virus is creeping closer to us. Next branch is 90 miles away.

Time for my weekly update.. here's what I've gotten done.

Stitching:

Some more stitches added to this one...


jiffy 16650 Bridge in Autumn © 1996 Dimensions, Inc
Designed by Karen Marie Zabroski
Fabric: Aida
Threads: included in kit
Stitch Count: 110 x 78
Cross Stitch, half cross, back stitch, french knots








And a little backstitching on this (top 2 sections) as well as starting the black border along the left side....



Cross My Heart Inc.CSB-73 © 1992  Between the Pages Designs by Nancy Klipfel
Stained Glass Window
Fabric: 18ct cream aida
Threads: DMC
Stitch Count: 28 x 98, 2 over 1
Cross stitch, back stitch, Fractional Stitches

















Stash:
My Etsy order from handdyedhappiness arrived. 3 pieces 13 x 17 of



Beach Bound 40ct - will have to order another piece of this lovely color as I found another pattern I want to do on it in my stash.

Dark Vanilla 28ct Lugana

Greycious 28 ct Lugana









Other:
Took Dad to cardiologist appointment early in the week ... Got him checked in and then had to leave and wait in car. Temp outside was in the mid-90's. Even with the windows open, the car was hot... the appointment was more than 1 hour..  Dad's heart is only at 40%..but Dr. said that this visit was the best he's ever seen Dad. and diet changes have improved his function.

Until next time,
Have a wonderful day!
Lisa M.

No comments:

Post a Comment